February 16, 2012 by Maria Mariaaa
RECIPE: Keepin’ it Simple Carrot & Aloe Juice
I’ll admit it’s hard for me to drink plain ‘ol water so I like to create simple, healthy juices to up my H2O. Here is my latest creation…
Carrot & Aloe Juice Recipe
20-30 mini carrots or about 3-5 whole carrots
2 mini fresh Aloe leaves or 1 large fresh Aloe leaf
12-16 oz of water (just go by your cup size)
2 Tablespoons of raw honey
- Here’s the deal with the carrots- feel free to use as many as you like. I like my juices a bit light so I used 20 mini carrots.
- I have an Aloe plant with thinner aloe leaves. I usually see the larger fresh Aloe leaves at local grocery stores, feel free to use that.
- Use the inside “goo” of the aloe leaf. Take a sharp knife and split the Aloe leaves in half. I found it easier to scrape the inside of the aloe leaf with a knife.
- If you haven’t worked with fresh Aloe before, let me just warn you it’s slimy!!
- Place the carrots, aloe, honey, and water into the blender and blend
- I strained the pulp out but if you like that texture then keep it!
The 411 on Aloe:
I use Aloe for everything! Okay almost everything- cooking burns, sun burns, as an anti-inflammatory, vitamins, and helps sooth my stomach. Here are The Top Five Aloe Plant Benefits by RachelR from Listmyfive.com
Meet Al, my Aloe plant! I do recommend owning one of these. You seriously don’t need a green thumb to keep these plants alive!