March 28, 2012 by Maria Mariaaa
Sometimes you just need some sweetness in your life…
The other day I was craving some fresh, home made, sweet but not too sweet cookies. I rummaged through some old cookie recipes and found the perfect one! Okay almost perfect, ended up modifying some things, added trail mix to get some texture, and all in all they came out soft, huge, and delicious!
Bueno Cookies Recipe:
Yields 16 large cookies
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups all purpose flour
2 pinches of kosher salt
1 bar of dark chocolate Hershey’s bar, chop into medium to small pieces
1 bar of regular chocolate Hershey’s bar, chop into medium to small pieces
1 cup of trail mix (I used Raisin, Nut, & Seeds)
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 23-25 min.
- Let butter sit out and get soft. Once soft, mix butter, white and brown sugar together
- Next, mix eggs and vanilla
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Next, add chocolate and trail mix
- Pull out your ice cream scooper and scoop cookie dough onto non-greased baking sheet
I was able to fit 8 scoops of cookie dough on one baking sheet. Leave dough as is, don’t press the dough down. Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees and bake 23-25 min. If you cut the cookie size in half then cook the cookies at 350 degrees for about half the time. Enjoy!